Planned strikes by refuse collectors and street cleaners in Liverpool have been called off after a dispute over jobs and pay was resolved.
Action had been suspended last week following talks between staff, contractor Amey and city mayor Joe Anderson after bins overflowed.
The dispute was over a move to fortnightly bin collections, the GMB union said.
Members voted to accept an offer to end the dispute on Monday.
They had been due to walk out every Friday until October and visitors had been asked to take their rubbish home with them.
George Patterson, of the GMB, said members still had reservations on how the business will be restructured.
Amey said a backlog caused by a one-day walkout earlier in the month will be cleared by Friday.